DEACONESS DESCRIPTION: To assist in the care ministries and ordinances of the Church.
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, be a role model, and live a consistent Christian life that is sustained by prayer.
- Must honor confidentiality and not share official or inappropriate information.
- Must demonstrate a positive and teachable attitude.
- Must be an active member of the Shippensburg First Church of God.
- Assist in the preparation for the Ordinance services of Communion and Feet Washing.
- Arrange Chairs, foot tubs, and towels for the Communion and Washing of the believers' feet.
- Following the service, empty and clean tubs, and send towels to laundry.
- Care for the Communion table covers.
- Assist candidates for Baptism.
- Visit in the homes and render assistance wherever this assistance is feasible.
- Polish offering plates as needed.
- Accountable to the Deacons.
Term of Service
- Deaconess is elected annually by the Congregation for a two-year term.