Miller, Shawn (Chair)
DEACON Description: Responsible for care ministry of the Church.
- Must be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of the Church.
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, be a role model, and live a consistent Christian life that is sustained by prayer.
- Must honor confidentiality and not share official or inappropriate information.
- Must demonstrate a positive and teachable attitude.
- Must meet as nearly as possible the qualifications listed in I Timothy 3:8-10,12.
- Oversee and be responsible for the care ministries of the Church.
- Elect a Chairman on a yearly basis.
- Should be alert to individuals’ financial needs and direct financial assistance from the appropriate fund.
- Consistently attend Council meetings.
- Deacons shall serve on one or more committees.
- Accountable to the Council.
Term of Service:
- Deacons are selected annually by the congregation for a three-year term.