- General Description To assist in the care ministries and ordinances of the Church.
- 1. Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, be a role model, and live a consistent Christian life that is sustained by prayer.
- 2. Must honor confidentiality and not share official or inappropriate information.
- 3. Must demonstrate a positive and teachable attitude.
- 4. Must be an active member of the Shippensburg First Church of God.
- 1. Assist in the preparation for the Ordinance services of Communion and Feet Washing.
- 2. Arrange Chairs, foot tubs, and towels for the Communion and Washing of the believers' feet.
- 3. Following the service, empty and clean tubs, and send towels to laundry.
- 4. Care for the Communion table covers.
- 5. Assist candidates for Baptism.
- 6. Visit in the homes and render assistance wherever this assistance is feasible.
- 7. Polish offering plates as needed.
- Accountability Accountable to the Deacons.
- Term of Service Deaconess is elected annually by the Congregation for a two-year term.