- General Description Responsible for care ministry of the Church.
- 1. Must be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of the Church.
- 2. Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, be a role model, and live a consistent Christian life that is sustained by prayer.
- 3. Must honor confidentiality and not share official or inappropriate information.
- 4. Must demonstrate a positive and teachable attitude.
- 5. Must meet as nearly as possible the qualifications listed in I Timothy 3:8-10,12.
- 1. Oversee and be responsible for the care ministries of the Church.
- 2. Elect a Chairman on a yearly basis.
- 3. Should be alert to individuals’ financial needs and direct financial assistance from the appropriate fund.
- 4. Consistently attend Council meetings.
- 5. Deacons shall serve on one or more committees.
- Accountability Accountable to the Council.
- Term of Service Deacons are selected annually by the congregation for a three-year te